It’s time folks! Time to put forward your excellent ideas for sessions that will plump out the BIG Event with succulent morsels of professional development.
The BIG Event, taking place on 24-26 July 2013 at Glasgow Science Centre provides an unmissable opportunity to squeeze the skills and ideas out of all the STEM engagement people you can in a short space of time. It’s like power juice for STEM communicators.
If you have a project you would like to share with others – because it’s brilliant, because it’s in progress or because it needs love and support from like-minded people – then get it out to your peers. This is the chance to meet people who can help you in your STEM engagement work, partner your project, solve your problem, help you get funding, teach you skills, find you a new job, or simply feel your pain. Don’t just sit in the audience – join the show by proposing a session of your own. The BIG Event is all about sharing skills and experiences so why not share yours?
To give you some ideas, really good past sessions include:
- Workshops to develop themed trails or create props and simple exhibits
- Training to improve presentations, like stage presence, prop handling and use of humour and emotion
- Sessions inviting you to have a good play with your content and explore its potential
- Sessions to help you market your wares or sell yourself to the employer of your dreams
- Opportunities to get into the minds of funders
- Delegates bringing their works-in-progress to get your help in refining them
- Workshops to create collaborative content for an activity, like busking, outdoors, water, dialogue, U3A, 14-19, Foundation Stage, collections, you name it…
The call for session proposals is now open. Propose your session online by following the link below.
If you haven’t put forward a session before and would like to discuss your ideas first, please contact Rachel Mason email@example.comPropose a Session
If you haven’t put forward a session before, BIG is here to support you – for more information on what the BIG Event is all about and what makes a good session click here