Do you enjoy working with computers, maths, science and children? Would you like to contribute to children’s academic, physical and social well-being? Are you creative and able to think outside the box? Numbermix is looking for a talented, reliable, hardworking, creative and intelligent candidate to join a team of people who are planning to revolutionise education.
Numbermix (www.numbermix.com) is an award winning social enterprise that develops innovative approaches to STEM education and provides engaging mathematics education tools for children aged 3 to 14 years old. Numberfit is our flagship programme, designed to raise attainment in mathematics and decrease sedentary classroom time. It is an active and engaging series of mathematics classes that run in schools to reinforce the in-class learning in a games based format that instills confidence and enthusiasm in its participants. Our aim is to make maths fun and enjoyable, using energetic physical activities and team games to teach numeracy and problem solving.
We are now at a critical turning point, and in order to expand to meet the demand we enjoy, we are introducing digital elements into each one of our projects. For this, we need a computer scientist to help make it happen – to bring people and resources together to bring these ideas to light. We need someone to come up with and execute solutions for what technology could be used to achieve our objectives, what it could look like, how it could work and how and when it could be delivered.
There are many aspects to this role. The role will include:
· Creating a mobile teaching platform for active learning;
- App development for immersive theatre education games;
- High level of numeracy (at least A level maths);
- Entertainment research, developing and testing games;
- Highly personable and able to get along with customers, schools and tutors alike;
- Appropriate knowledge of relevant programming languages and software packages.
· Building a fun ecosystem of mathematics;
· Freedom and input from idea generation to design of products;
· Mathematics/Science/Computer Science teaching;
· Delivering sessions in schools and lesson preparation;
· Liaising with designers, illustrators and storywriters;
· Social media.
The role will no doubt grow throughout your employment. You will need to be highly numerate, fun, hardworking and enthusiastic, with excellent communication skills and keen to help to contribute to children’s academic, physical and social well-being.
They candidate will have/be:
- Degree in Computer Science or a relevant related degree;
- Excellent organisation skills;
We are located in Amersham (South Buckinghamshire) on the Metropolitan line.
If you are as excited by this opportunity as we are and would like to find out more, please apply by sending a CV and covering letter using the reference CS116 to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you soon so that we can start this exciting journey together.