The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is looking for a Service Manager (Learn Chemistry Partnership) to join us. The role is based in Cambridge, with some travel to meetings, events and conferences.
In the UK, the Royal Society of Chemistry is the largest non-governmental funder of chemistry education and we influence government policy to ensure that opportunities to develop skills meet the unique needs of chemistry. We believe that everyone should have access to a high quality chemistry education which is engaging, inspiring and relevant, and that good science education starts in primary school. The goal of our Education Publishing team is to provide relevant and useful advice, resources, and practical support to educators and their students in schools, colleges and universities.
As Service Manager for our Learn Chemistry Partnership within our Education Resources team, you will report to our Education Resources Programme Manager and will have management responsibility for an Editorial Assistant. You will focus on optimising the value, coherence and sustainability of our partnership service for schools. You will also act as a champion for our customer groups, regularly researching teacher needs and testing potential solutions, building communities and support networks, and managing day-to-day aspects of service delivery and improvement.
We are looking for:
· Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with different audiences, and to do so with tact and diplomacy.
· Excellent interpersonal skills to engage effectively with internal departments and external contacts.
· Financial numeracy.
· Collaborative and flexible approach to team-work.
· Demonstrable experience of project management and high-quality delivery.
· Experience of working with communities of teachers.
· Experience of running market research, interviews and focus groups.
· Experience of customer service management and support.
· Experience of developing business plans to support new product / service development and investment.
· Degree in Chemistry or other science subject.
· Experience of designing and delivering services (online and face to face).
· Experience of using CRM systems and web analytics.
· An understanding of issues facing schools, teachers and students involved in Chemistry/Science education.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we will support you in your career and reward your contribution with an excellent benefits package. If you are interested, please apply before the end of our closing date.