Average annual salary: £16,500 - £17,500 (pro rata). Hourly rate of £8.29 per hour - rising to £8.70 on completion of probation period.
Hours: Working 3/4 days in 7 (working an average of 3 weekends out of 4) with the potential of working additional days up to 5 days per week.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our energetic team of science communicators and facilitators. You will bring our galleries and open spaces to life by delivering a range of programmes such as planetarium shows, science shows, experiments, story-telling, and hands-on activities, to promote and enhance the visitor experience, as well as assisting visitor interaction within At-Bristol's exhibition spaces.
A confident and enthusiastic personality, you will be flexible and have excellent communication skills, with the ability to engage with all our visitors. Previous experience in the leisure or educational environment is desirable and a strong interest in science is essential.
For full details about the role, please see the job description on our website.
For further information about the team you will be joining:
- Take a look at their profiles on the At-Bristol web page
- Watch them in action on the At-Bristol You tube channel here and here
- Or drop them a tweet @AtBristol_LST
Closing date: 19th March 2017
Interview date: w/c 3rd April 2017
Start date: ASAP
If you would like to be part of our team, please apply by sending the following 3 items to the HR Team – email@example.com. Please state the job reference in the subject line.
- Your CV, saved and named in the following format: SURNAME_Forename_CV_ LST-0317 (e.g. SMITH_John_CV_ LST-0317)
- A completed application form, found on our website. Saved and named in the following format: SURNAME_Forename_Application Form_ LST-0317
- At-Bristol aims to inspire visitors with a sense of adventure and curiosity about the world we live in. With this in mind, we would like you to record a short video of yourself explaining what makes you curious. The video should be a maximum of 3 minutes long. Please upload this video to YouTube and email us a link.