Formerly known as the British Interactive Group, BIG is a not-for-profit organisation for all people involved in informal science communication activities and hands-on education projects in the UK.
- Regular UK-wide events and training courses on issues relevant to science communication and informal science education
- A membership card with free or discounted entry to participating UK science centres and museums (see up-to-date list)
- A quarterly e-newsletter featuring the latest news and articles on up-to-the minute issues, written by and for BIG members.
- BIG-CHAT online discussion list offers networking and sharing of information and views.
- This website, hosting up-to-date jobs, research and evaluation, news and views from the hands-on world.
- Opportunity to apply for the annual BIG professional development bursary
- Inclusion in our online directory of contractors, science centres, members, and their interests.
- The annual BIG Event with its networking opportunities has become established as a key event for practitioners in the field.
- The opportunity at our AGM to stand for, or elect, the Executive Committee who will co-ordinate BIG activities in the following year.
Our Constitution (written in 1992) can be read here